Registration 8:30 am – 9:00 am
2018 IBC & IFC Assembly Spaces
This seminar will address the 2018 International Building Code® requirements applicable to design and construction of assembly spaces. It will address the differences between the various Group A occupancies and how assembly uses may also fit within the business or educational occupancy classifications. The seminar will cover the unique aspects of the code related to assembly uses including the stage and platform requirements of Section 410, the ICC 300 Standard for Bleachers, Folding and Telescopic Seating, and Grandstands, the special egress provisions of Section 1028, along with the special amusement building and motion picture projection room requirements from Chapter 4. International Fire Code® provisions related to places of assembly such as requirements for a fire watch, limitations on open flames, combustibles and finishes will also be addressed. The discussion will include the unique IBC criteria applicable to accessibility, fire protection and building size issues in assembly buildings. During this seminar, participants will listen to lecture, discuss examples and participate in activities that pertain to the course content.
This seminar is designed to familiarize and assist code officials in the applicable design and construction of assembly spaces and applying applicable code requirements 2018 IBC.
NOTE: Discounts will be taken at time of checkout.
This Course is in a Virtual Training Room
This type of online classroom allows you to see and hear the instructor and classroom and they will be able to see and hear you. This is not a web session with voice over.
The following publication is recommended to ensure success in the course:
- 2018 International Building Code® (IBC®)
- 2018 International Fire Code® (IFC®)
- Describe the differences between various Group A occupancies.
- Identify the unique aspects of the code related to assembly uses.
- List the stage and platform requirements of Section 410.
- Explain the special egress provisions of Section 1028.
- Identify the special amusement building and motion picture projection room requirements from Chapter 4.
- Identify the 2018 International Fire Code® provisions related to places of assembly.
- Describe the 2018 IBC criteria applicable to accessibility, fire protection and building size issues in assembly buildings.
➢ Continuing Education Credit: Participants can earn a total of 6 CEUs for attending.
➢ Fees: The fee is $35 for current REGION IV Chapter ICC Members