Registration 8:30 am – 9:00 am
2018 IBC Means Of Egress
This seminar addresses numerous provisions in the 2018 International Building Code® (IBC®) where the code contains requirements pertaining to establishing a means of egress in buildings. The course is intended to help plan reviewer or building code officials responsible for plan review identify those areas where plan review will include compliance with the IBC. During this training, participants will listen to lecture and view examples, as well as discuss sections of the IBC that pertain to means of egress. They will participate in activities that involve a set of plans.
Participants will receive an overview of the fundamental requirements for means of egress as indicated in the 2018 International Building Code® (IBC®). They will be presented with specific problems related to means of egress and will be asked to solve each problem using a set of plans for a four story commercial building.
This Course is in a Virtual Training Room
This type of online classroom allows you to see and hear the instructor and classroom and they will be able to see and hear you. This is not a web session with voice over.
The following publication is recommended to ensure success in the course:
- 2018 International Building Code® (IBC®)
- List and describe each of the three parts of a means of egress.
- Identify the eight fundamental means of egress design issues.
- Calculate the occupant load and determine the required means of egress capacity.
- Determine the required number of exit access doorways and exits.
- Determine the requirements for arrangement of the means of egress elements, including: the location of exit access doorways and exits, the exit access travel distance, the common path of egress travel, and any egress through adjoining spaces.
- Determine the requirements for locations and amounts of means of egress lighting and signage.
- Evaluate the adequacy of a horizontal exit as part of a means of egress plan.
- Evaluate the means of egress in assembly spaces.
- Evaluate the adequacy of accessible means of egress.
➢ Continuing Education Credit: Participants can earn a total of 6 CEUs for attending.
➢ Fees: The fee is $35 for current REGION IV Chapter ICC Members