About the Metropolitan Kansas City Chapter of the International Code Council
The Metroplitan Chapter of the International Code Council is a nonprofit association that provides a wide range of building safety solutions including product evaluation, accreditation, certification, codification and training it develops model codes and standards used worldwide to to construct safe, sustainable, affordable and resilient structures.
- To investigate and promote uniform regulations in the construction, occupancy and location of buildings and structures;
- To research, recommend and promote uniform regulations, legislation and enforcement pertaining to all phases of building construction;
- To promote the adoption of the International Building Code and other International Codes and related documents which are designed to advance the cause of uniformity in regulations for the construction, alteration, conservation, maintenance, preservation or repair of buildings and structures, equipment and fixtures in either of the foregoing, to extent regulation of any said matters is considered desirable;
- To advise and assist in the administration of building laws and ordinances, the development or management and enforcement programs, and related activities;
- To support and participate in educational seminars and training programs relating to building construction procedures and practices and the administration and enforcement of building regulations;
- To advance the professional skills of those engaged in the administration and enforcement of building laws; To do all such other things as are incidental to or desirable for the attainment of the above objectives.