Virtual Training Via WebEx
2018 IECC Provisions Residential & Commercial Simplified
This seminar will introduce critical concepts of the 2018 International Existing Building Code® (IEBC®). It will provide a basis for the correct use and application of the code. It will build an understanding of the intent of the code through detailing basic tables, categorizations and a case study.
The following publication is recommended to ensure success in the course:
- 2018 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize the limitations and extent of the codes related to existing buildings.
- Recognize the classifications of work associated with existing buildings.
- Identify fire protection systems that need to be upgraded.
- Recognize vertical openings that need partial or complete enclosure.
- Identify unsafe interior finishes that need to be replaced.
- Determine adequate means of egress.
- Identify needed accessibility improvements
- Identify improvements to structural systems.
- Describe the compliance alternative tabular method of evaluating existing buildings.
This is an entry level seminar applicable to the regulatory/construction community, including building officials, plans examiners, inspectors, and contractors.
➢ Continuing Education Credit: Participants will earn .6 CEUs. This is equal to 6 Professional Development Hours (PDH), or 6 Learning Units (LU). Certificates will be presented upon completion of each seminar.
➢ Fees: Include instruction and course materials. Lunch is not included. Preregistered participants will receive course materials and the link to join the seminar.